Tuesday, October 16, 2012

what's up?

I didn't think that any activity could sink lower on my list of priorities than 'exercising'....but apparently blogging has done just that lately.  LOL!  Strangely, I can't seem to isolate a single dominating reason.  Yes, I have been busy and have an even busier schedule for the next few weeks (teaching 4 two-day workshops, a speaking engagement, taking a three-day class and making my annual pilgrimage to Vermont -- all happening before a month passes).  And because I've been busy getting ready for all of that -- and avoiding getting ready by escaping into the world of mind-candy books -- I haven't really been creating much, so that doesn't really help matters.  Or maybe it's just because I'm starting my seventh year of blogging....and I need to shake things up a bit?    Who knows.....

What I do know for sure is that the lack of blogging makes me feel guilty.   And deep down, I know that's a pretty silly waste of energy....but it still festers.   So I've decided to combat the guilt by setting a realistic goal of posting just a picture every day most days for the next while.  Sometimes there will be an accompanying sentence or two, but in the aim of keeping it manageable, I am not promising anything more than a picture.

Hopefully this new challenge will help me to get my blogging mojo back.  In the meantime, here is today's snap....taken a couple of weeks ago along the Gorge Trail at Watkins Glen State Park, NY.   Okay, so there are quite a few more than just one -- I was having a hard time deciding, and it was taking too long....LOL!  Single photos start tomorrow.... ;-)












P.S.  I totally recommend visiting and doing the hike, if you are nearby and able - it's about 3 miles round trip and, although we didn't count, I don't dispute the 800 steps (stairs) each way!  :-D