Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pottery is fun!

I finally finished the Fall/Winter 2006 issue of "the R.U.G. sack", after spending most of the weekend making up articles to fill all of the white pages... I took it to the printers first thing on Monday morning, so hopefully it will be ready for pick-up some time today and out by the end of the week (fingers crossed!)

In the meantime, I started a pottery class on Monday night and it will run every evening until Friday. On Friday we will choose our 7 best pieces to be bisque fired and return next Wednesday to glaze 5. It is pretty messy work, but a lot of fun. I am hoping that the momentum will continue between now and Friday--I produced only 2 bowls worth keeping on Monday, and 6 yesterday! Here is a picture of my keepers to date....



I know that my sisters are hoping that some will be worthy of gift-giving--we will have to wait and see... ;-)

Sadly, no hooking until the weekend at least....