Wednesday, September 26, 2007

sewing time

So I drew, sewed, hooked and pressed... and now I'm ready to put it all together into a purse. I was happy to pull the last few loops last night and drag out the elna press to work its magic. In retrospect, were I ever to use this type of handle again, I would just baste them in place, hook tightly around them, remove them and then wait to sew them properly once the pressing was done. Not only would this keep them out of the way and from being a nuisance...it would also be a little better for them. They didn't really appreciate the steam bath (not that you can really tell unless you look closely).

I am anxious to start sewing the darts up and the sides on tonight. Unfortunately I won't be able to do too much more than that until my sewing machine returns. I still need to make my lining and sew it into place...along with adding a zipper closure and sewing down the top trim. I have a sneaky suspicion that this won't all come to pass for a while yet.

I am off to R.U.G. at the Simcoe County Museum in Midhurst on Saturday September 29th. It is always a goog day when rug hookers gather together....and this is a great event. If you are anywhere nearby, you should try to come. Registration and Vendors open at 9:30am, program starts at 10. Things usually wrap up mid-afternoon. Please bring a mug, a bagged lunch, and something for show and tell.