What a great weekend! It combined just the right amounts of sleep, swimming, eating, reading and making for me. After finishing off one sweater on Saturday, I finally dug Juliet back out again and was delighted to discover that instead of the days of knitting that I had imagined, it only required a couple of hours. So I'm happy to report that I finished knitting two things this weekend. Pictures to come soon.... (To be completely honest, I still need to find buttons for one, sew the closure onto the other, sew in the tails on one, and block both....but really, that's nothing, right? ;-) )
(Practically) finishing off a couple of things gave me free license to start a new project. So yesterday I dug through my fabric basket and settled on a piece of batik to form the basis for my iPad sleeve. Once decided, I was very keen to get going, so I quickly figured out a pattern, found some batting, pressed a piece of wool for the inside.....and started sewing. I sewed, and swore, and sewed, and smiled, and sewed and swore a little bit more. It's not always easy to learn a new thing -- especially when you are trying to teach yourself. Just when I was starting to get in the grove and feel like I knew what I was doing, I decided to 'try it on' my iPad. Big mistake. In my haste to just get started, I didn't allow enough surplus for the shrinkage that resulted from all of the quilting. In short, it's too short.
So needless to say, I will soon be starting over. A new print, a new (larger) pattern, and a new sense of understanding of how to bring my vision to life. It's a new week, after all :-D
I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with my WIP....