Thursday, May 19, 2011

summer is on its way.....

....and things are really picking up at work, so it's a really great thing that my rug hooking commitments are limited to e-mails and the occasional blog post. Sometimes just that seems like too much (my inbox will be empty before bed tonight, I promise).... as I've been coming home from work late. And feeling very tired. But in lieu of napping, I've been drinking tonic (with and without its BFF: gin LOL!) and trancing out on knitting....and as a result, Juliet is well in hand.....


For the fellow yarn geeks, I alternated rows of Malabrigo Rios (top left) and Fleece Artist Marina (bottom left) knit together with rows of Colinette Prism (right) that I bought years ago at Deanne's and recently recycled from another vest I wasn't really wearing. The bottom is being knit in Prism alone. The best part is that everything came right from my stash, and since it was all bought ages ago, it almost seems like it's "free". Almost.

While it will soon be way too summery outside to wear a warm wool vest, at least it keeps my hands busy and relaxes my mind after a crazy work day.

All of this sanity knitting makes me uncertain of whether or I will make my self-imposed goal of starting work on Jumbo this coming Monday (Victoria Day - and one year anniversary of my initial start date - and first weekend of summer). The idea of resuming work on it makes me start to panic a bit about the border design, but I will keep you posted. In the meantime, I welcome your suggestions.... :-D