Monday, March 26, 2007

rewind...

Okay. I know that I have been negligent in my posts of late. I’m sorry. No good excuses, just life has gotten in the way.

I spent the next to last weekend in the city…shopping, visiting, eating, and getting some culture. I made a great discovery at Romni, when I found half-sized skeins of Strati (the wonderful slub yarns I have been incorporating in my hooking lately), for half of the price. After much consideration of all of the various colours and skeins in the store (and wandering up and down all of the aisles, drooling all the way…), I was able to exercise some self-control and only splurged on four skeins ;-) I cut them up and braided them in bundles of 10…


They look pretty, and it also helps to keep it organized ;-)
I have been thinking more and more about my footstool, and I am getting closer to actually drawing it on paper. I’m already starting to think about colours, and I expect that some of the slub will be making an appearance. I don’t think that I will need to do much (if any) dyeing….I can just work from my stash.
I was surprised with early birthday presents from my cuz Laura. One of them was some flowering tea. I had first heard about this several years ago…but I had not seen it in a store before. It is pretty neat stuff – and a great gift for anyone who likes tea. I took a couple of “before” and “after” shots…




Very yummy!