Monday, May 05, 2008

a new leaf...

What a great weekend at the Annual in Midland - I could not have asked for a finer introduction to the event. Everything ran very smoothly and it was so nice to reconnect with some of my hooking friends. I think that everyone should give themselves a huge pat on the back for a job well done...and Linda "the Machine" Wilson should use both hands ;-)

Inspiration, motivation, friendly faces and beautiful things were present at every turn - and more than a couple of times someone inquired about my recent lack of blog posts. I can only say (again!) that it always seems to be the first thing that drops off my radar when life gets busy. I was truly surprised by the number of people telling me how much they missed my posting and that they're wishing hope things settle down very soon for me, and they will have something new to read. I promise to try really (really!) hard to post at least a few times each week - if only to say "hi" and post a picture or two...

Now ordinarily, I would procrastinate posting today because I stupidly forgot my camera cable at home and I have no means of retrieving any of the 476 pictures on my camera....but not today - I'm turning over a new leaf ;-) (just for Marny, Fiona, Wendie, Pat...and the rest of you!)

I arrived home yesterday feeling truly wiped. I dropped my stuff inside the door at 5:56pm, by 5:58pm I had changed into my yoga pants, and by 6:00 I was reclining on the couch watching my new rug hooking flick (I know that it's not really "new", having been released in 2005, but I just bought it on the weekend and this is its first viewing). Shortly thereafter - not doubt less than 20 minutes after I arrived home - I was snoozing on the couch ;-) I woke up as the credits were rolling...feeling a little revived - and hungry! (This brief nap should not be taken as a review of the DVD - the parts that I did see were good....and I'm looking forward to watching it in its entirety)

After supper, my second wind was in full swing...and I was half-tempted to start downloading the pictures. But what I really wanted to do was to put the finishing touches on my newest purse. I know that the next few weeks promise a lot of obstacles in the form of finishing my horse before the June 1st hook-in; creating, printing and mailing the latest issue of the R.U.G. sack; and of course, all of the usual demands of my paying job at this time of year. If I didn't work on it last night....it may be weeks before I get another chance.

So I sat and stitched...much more relaxed than when I was rushing to get it finished last week (in time to be my Annual companion) and all of the major problems I was experiencing last week just became minor ones and I was finished in no time. Isn't that so often the case? Sometimes we need to put things aside and just breathe...

I'll be back tomorrow with pictures - I promise! ;-)