Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Reading Holiday



I used to read a lot. I would stay awake into the wee hours of the night, just to find out what happened next. In spite of everything I love about reading --getting to know the characters, trying to predict what might happen next, the escape it provides, learning about other places and times, etc. -- I can't seem to get around how much time it takes. Especially for someone like me, who tends to gorge on good books.

If I don't finish a book in a matter of days, chances are that I will never make it to the last page. My niece lent me Twilight last week, after months of raving about how great it was. I grabbed it absentmindedly on my way out the door on Saturday...thinking it might come in handy while I waited to see the optometrist. Little did I know that I would be hooked from the start, and do little else but read over the next few days (except eat, sleep and work, of course!)

I'm relieved (albeit a little sad) to have just finished the fourth book in the Twilight Saga. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'll tackle all of the things I should have been doing instead. Four books in five days...what was I thinking? (but boy, was it fun! ;-) )