Friday, August 21, 2009

one owl hooked

I hooked for another couple of hours last night and finished off the little owl. I pressed him before bedtime, and now he's ready to be sewn up tonight. It's really quite small - the hooking is about 4.75" wide and 8" long. Although I spread it out over two evenings, it could easily be accomplished in one. Since I used only leftover strips (already cut), and I didn't fuss too much over colours, it was a pretty speedy project.

Since this is a new project for me, my goal was to get something hooked quickly....so that I can play around with the assembly part of things. This is just the first experiment, and I'm sure there will be a couple more before I have all of the kinks worked out. I'm already thinking of things that I perhaps should have done differently - and I haven't even started the assembly yet!


Back soon with my finished product...