Wednesday, October 06, 2010

what's been happening in the sweatshop....




I've managed to sew a couple of CPs together, and prepared about 45 patterns.....and now I'm fully immersed in sewing linings. AB's machine has been a real lifesaver.....and honestly, I don't know how I'm going to like going back to using my clunker when it's fixed. I think there is going to have to be a new sewing machine in my future....I would also like to have a seamstress on retainer, but I think a new sewing machine is a more realistic prospect.


As I cut and sew these fabrics, I am falling in love all over again with some of the batiks. I've been tempted to cut off a special section for colour planning inspiration many times, but so far I've resisted that urge. When they are all sewn into linings (very soon, I hope!), I hope that some will inspire others in the same way -- minus the cutting, of course!


Since I'm having a double-weekend (Monday is Thanksgiving and I'm also taking Friday off to get more done and hopefully preserve my sanity)....I am really hoping to have all of my workshop prep finished by the end of the weekend. I'm dangling the notion of being able to do some fun hooking as my "carrot" ....so hopefully it all comes to pass -- and I will have more fun stuff to share soon....