Tuesday, June 07, 2011

lucky find


A year an a half ago, I bought a clear plastic tumbler at Starbuck's with a lid and reusable straw (on clearance)....and it quickly became my favourite glass to use when hooking. Why? The lid helps stop lint and snippets from going in my drink. It's a simple thing, but if you've ever had to strain wooly bits from your drink, you will know how convenient the lid can be.....

Over the course of the last year and a half, my tumbler has had it's share of tumbles, and now the seal between the two layers (it's double-walled) is broken. Actually it's been broken for some time, but I've just been taking extra care when washing and making sure I don't immerse it water. I keep hoping to find another one on sale, but stubbornly refuse to pay full price ;-)

Needless to say, I was super-thrilled to discover a knock-off at my local grocery store (in the Loblaw's chain) last week....for the low price of 2 for $5 (I think my first one was about $5, on sale....so this is a steal). I'm now the proud owner of a couple of colourful replacements.....and they've already been put to good use this weekend, while I've been hooking. Thanks Mr. President!