Friday, June 29, 2012

jarup or syram?


Well whatever it's called (this not quite jam, yet not exactly syrup I made), one thing is for certain: it's delicious!  :-D  Especially on fresh bread with a little smidge of butter.  Yum!  I'm sure it will also be tasty on ice cream, angel food cake, pancakes, waffles, crepes, yogurt, toast, croissants, and scones....oh my!   I took my part jar into work today – and heard not a single complaint! 

Thanks for all of your ideas and suggestions.  I was really flying by the seat of my pants last night...but I've come to the conclusion that I just didn't boil it hard enough.  It definitely boiled long enough, but I think I shouldn't have turned down the heat at all.  The Certo would have been a good fix, but I was too chicken to add it (I had some) because it wasn't in the recipe....and by the time I called my Mum, it was already in the jars - and I was pooped!

Pretty good for my first, un-tutored attempt - plus all of my jars sealed!  I'm looking forward to more jam-making this summer, and I'm determined to pick enough wild blueberries for a batch, and crossing my fingers raspberries are a bumper crop, too. 

Hope you have a great weekend - and Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!  It's not a long weekend for me, but I'm looking forward to relaxing at the lake tomorrow and trying out my new deluxe cot and fancy mattress that my family got for my birthday this Spring.  It's as big as a twin bed - and perfect for Glamping!