Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall is in the air

This morning I woke up in a cold room.  Well before I opened my eyes, my first instinct was that I was sleeping in my tent!    My body wasn't really cold, but I could tell the air was cold, my face was cold....and I was afraid to move on my pillow.  When I consulted WeatherEye on my iPad, it showed the current temperature as being just 1ºC, but by the time I was driving to work this morning my car said it was 4ºC.  Needless to say, the idea of getting back under my frame to do some hooking is no longer making me fan my face with my hands.  I am also wearing socks today for the first time in ages.

Speaking of ages, I really didn't think I would take quite so long of a rest in between posts.  I don't regret it though, it was actually quite sweet and I barely felt guilty.  I also don't really know that I have a lot to show for my time away, but I will try to take some photos of my recent knitting and other various projects to share in the days ahead.

This is one of the few photos I've taken recently - just a quick snap with my iPhone.  It's the view out the pack window of my tent, in the morning before I took it down for the season.

I've become a little disenchanted with my camera lately and not happy with many of the photos that it's I've been taking.  I'm not sure if it's the camera's fault or my fault.  I don't think I'm doing anything different from what I've always done, yet the photos are not as crisp nor accurately coloured.  Despite some experimenting, I can't seem to improve matters much.....other than to avoid the frustration by just taking fewer photos.  Not an ideal solution...especially when I'm trying to get my blogging grove back..LOL!  In the meantime, I will persevere, but I am toying with the idea of splurging on a new camera.  I would love to hear from anyone who has any experience with the Sony Nex series.

Welcome to September!