Monday, January 28, 2013

like new again....

I've been abusing my iron for months now.  Too many accidents with fusible interfacing have added a burnt coating to the face and made it unwilling to glide on fabric.  Last Fall I picked up a Rowenta iron soleplate cleaning kit at Joanne's in NY....and this weekend I finally broke down and gave it a whirl.


In short, it is awesome!  I took some quick before and after snaps....



Because the crud was so thick in places and definitely very cooked on, it took several applications to get it all off.  I would guess about half of the tube was used all together, but the end result is that my iron looks practically brand new.  A minor miracle, IMHO.  While seemingly pricey ($12 or so?), the kit is a fraction of the cost of a new iron.....and I think that if I just take a few minutes to clean off any future residue more promptly, it will be a fast fix - and use much less of the cleaning compound.

Hip Hip Horray for the Rowenta Soleplate Cleaning Kit!