Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's 10:09pm....do you know where your Sharpies are?

I had a rude surprise when I went to my local Staples store yesterday. They no longer regularly stock my favourite Sharpie Rub-a-Dub markers. Of course they can special order them in, but it will take 6-8 weeks for them to arrive. I can't wait that long!

See these guys?


See how there is only one marker still in its package? See how there are a total of only 5 markers? They are the only Rub-a-Dubs I have in my house! I don't think I've had so few since I started hooking almost 10 years ago.

One brand new marker and 4 already in use (for how long, I'm not sure)...and I'm starting to get worried. And when I'm not feeling worried, I'm feeling regret and remorse for all of the 1/2 dead markers I've thrown out in the last couple of weeks, in an effort to "get organized". Sure they didn't work perfectly, but some is better than none. ....and once I get my last few patterns drawn, I'm worried that "none" will be all that's left.

Does anyone know of anywhere else where you can find my favourite pattern-drawing markers? I am going to Belleville on Friday and returning home on Sunday....and given the dire circumstances, I am prepared to make a detour along the way and off the path.

(And for those of you who don't believe in the power of the Rub-a-Dub, I'm not about to be converted any time soon, so you might as well save your breath... ;-) )