Monday, September 06, 2010

week 15: 27.4 square feet

If nothing else, this week's incredible progress demonstrates the importance of goal setting. I am definitely the type of person that works best with a deadline (it's all my mum's fault!) -- even when it's self-imposed. When I did the math, I was amazed to discover that I hooked the same amount in 1 week as I had in the previous 8 weeks combined. And, I had the aching hands to prove it!

Seriously, thought, it was really easy to keep motivated to keep hooking the last bit on the weekend. I was very eager to unroll it and see everything I have hooked, at once. When the time finally came, I could not have been happier......


Seeing it on my floor, I just wanted to keep on hooking....and so I did just a little bit more, finishing off a partial shape on the other end. I would have loved to keep on going yesterday, but my hands really did need a rest and now that I had reached my goal, it was a good time for a break. I will definitely be eager to get all of my class prep work done, so that I can return to hooking on Jumbo. In the meantime, I will enjoy being able to tidy up all of the piles of wool and strips from the floor, table, couch, stool......yep, they are pretty much everywhere with a project like this....

P.S. The RHM is just to help you envision the scale. The actual measurements of the hooked area is 60.5" wide by 71" long at the longest point (vs. 63" by 75", which are my charted dimensions). It currently weighs about 20 lbs.