Friday, April 15, 2011

sleeping in on a school day

For those of us who are years (and years - or a lottery win!) away from retirement, there is something truly decadent about being able to wake up sans alarm clock during the week. It's still pretty sweet on Saturdays and Sundays....but much more special on, say, a Friday like today...

In spite of my ambitious plans for a productive week, I was sidelined by a cold on Tuesday...stayed home from work on Wednesday, and decided to take the day off today to hopefully 'kick it out the door' before I head to Belleville this afternoon (about 4 hours drive) for a weekend of coin purse making. In between sneezes, I did get my little runner hooked (I will take pictures once it's pressed -- I'm still debating about hooking a single row of something around the outside edge....but I'm torn between just wanting to be finished and having no clue as to what to use, so the quick and dirty approach of just leaving it might win out in the end).

I also managed to label the rest of my crazy 8s that were cut up a couple of weeks ago and have been patiently waiting their turn. Now that they are all boxed up, it is sure nice to no longer be tripping over all of the green shopping totes they were sitting in....

It is hard to believe that the Annual is just TWO WEEKS away. I am almost afraid to create a list of the things I still need to do -- not to mention all of those ideas of things that I would like to do. I have a feeling that I will be very grateful for the 4-day weekend that is Easter.... :-D

In the meantime, I am already starting to dream about all of the things I will be able to work on, once my current roster of commitments runs out in mid-May....getting back to hooking on Jumbo, doing some quilting, maybe designing and hooking a new purse with my iPad in mind (it's ordered, but not yet delivered), playing around with some of my new batiks...


Regardless of what I choose first, I'm looking forward to having more interesting stuff to blog about in the coming weeks...and more time! :-D

P.S. I had no idea, until after I had posted, how similar the colours in this photo are to the ones in the previous post. I guess you just like what you like, and there is no point in fighting it....