Last night while sifting through a pile of papers (that was literally a foot high!), I stumbled upon a my printed pattern for September Circle. Since it's September - and I was more than ready for a break from paper shuffling - I decided to look and see just how little I had left to knit. I was amazed to discover that I was just 10 rows away from being finished....so I quickly pushed some of the piles aside and sat and did just that......
I still wasn't happy with the colours. They would be pretty on someone, I am sure....but just not what I would wear. Buoyed by my successful wardrobe updates last weekend (involving 3 t-shirts and a tin of Dylon dye), I decided to just tint the whole thing. Within 5 minutes of casting off, the cowl was in the pot, along with about 1/8 tsp of PC Deep Orchid 826. It was not enough....so I added some more dye, for a total of a very generous 1/4 tsp. Finding some bits a little too golden, I finished off by adding 2/32 = 1/16 of Deep Purple. This is what it looked like this morning.
Oh, I think I am going to get a lot of wear out of this baby....and I hope that every time I do, it reminds me of how quickly I can fix little problems like the wrong colour.