Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 15: Bath


On my first full day in Bath, I left town. In my research before I left, I had discovered Mad Max Tours that offers bus tours departing from Bath and visiting Stonehenge, Avebury, Castle Combe, and Lacock. Since I wasn't planning on hiring a car, it was a perfect opportunity to go and visit the surrounding area.....









The tour was wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it. I thought it combined the right proportions of organized activities and freedom to do your own thing. There was always time for you to wander about and look more closely at whatever interested you. Plus, there was a good mix of people (13 in our group, including several others travelling solo).

When I arrived back in Bath at the end of the afternoon, it was a big rush to try and take some pictures before evening....






My time in Bath passed by very quickly, and the next day I left wishing that I had at least another day to explore the town.....and two or three more days would have been even better.