Sunday, February 25, 2007

Queen Size.

I have been collecting pantyhose ever since I participated in the Padula Grenfell Swap a while back (2001 or 2002?....I can't remember). A couple of years ago, I bought a big bag of nylons in an auction at a rug hooking event. I also added to the bag from my own drawers (I would only ever hook with my own used nylons--never someone else's!)...and a bunch of white and cream nylons I picked up at Dollarama when it first opened in Huntsville.

If you are buying pantyhose to hook with, the cheaper the better, and bigger is best. One of these things is not like the others....


I dyed up a storm of legs and panties last night. I had forgotten how quickly the nylons accepted the dye. I took ten of the light coloured pairs (a mix of white and cream), cut the legs off at the crotch and then cut each leg in half....so I had a total of 50 pieces. Here are the rest of the results....


I was surprised at how much lighter they looked once they were spun and dried....so the finished colours are a big lighter than I was planning, but I will use them anyway. They are actually a little darker and brighter than they appear in the pictures.

I have been wanting to start a new project for a few weeks now....but work and life created their usual obstacles. I managed to break through my funk yesterday, and all the pieces fit together to create my newest design and pattern: a summer purse hooked with nylons...


I am anxious to get started hooking tonight. The Academy Awards are on, so I don't think I'll be seeing too many of the fancy outfits--I'll be too busy pulling loops. I'll still be able to listen for the winners...

I am on the road all week for work, but I will be holed up in my hotel rooms with my hooking for company. I'll try to give you regular progress reports.