Monday, July 20, 2009

Bullseyes - Day One

Another grey weekend….with a few scattered showers and a couple of glimpses of the sun, has come to an end. This summer has been so un-summerlike. One good thing about the weather is that I haven’t been faced with the “too hot to hook” problem, and I’ve been getting more hooking done than is usual for me in the summer months. Hooking seems to have replaced my usual summer activities of camping and spending time at the lake. I haven’t yet pitched my tent, and I don’t think I’ve even been down to our lake in the last month or so….maybe even longer.

I procrastinated starting my newest purse on Friday and again on Saturday, using knitting to fill the time instead. [I’ve casted off the bottom edge of my February Lady sweater, and have begun knitting on the 2nd sleeve. Now that I’m finally able to try it on properly, it’s obvious that the first sleeve is an inch or two too short, so I will need to take care of that before I’m all done. I really love how it’s turning out, and I’m sure that it will fast become a wardrobe staple this Fall – if not sooner, the way the weather has been!]

On Saturday, I happily wandered around the annual Muskoka Arts & Crafts Summer Show. It is always great to see so many creative people in one place. There were definitely lots of lovely things to see, but nothing that I couldn’t live without (that fit within my limited budget). Mostly I was holding out for the potter that I saw there last year, but in the end I realized they did not attend this year (I guess I should have done my homework first). Of course, since I got home, I've thinking about all of the beautiful things that I wish I’d bought…

Sunday was such a dull day that I had the urge to just stay in bed all day with a good book….but I resisted. I originally had a very different plan for my next purse, but the more I thought about my idea, the more I realized that it would be a big challenge – perhaps a bigger challenge than I had time for right now. Instead, I drew another idea that’s been brewing for a while….


I will take some pictures of the source of inspiration tonight and post with tomorrow's progress picture(s).