Monday, February 07, 2011

Under the 'C' cup.....


I finally got around to putting the finishing touches on my bra at the hook-in this weekend (more to come on that later when I have time to crop all of the photos of Trish's wonderful rugs). All that was left to do was the sewing on of the little fish beads, and it took all of about 20 minutes. Now I just need to add it to the collection online.

I'm happy with how it turned out. I hooked right into the holes of the lace, using a variety of hand-spun and hand-dyed yarns, then embellished with an assortment of beads. It had a bit of an ocean look to it, so I added a little hematite fish bead that was in my box and then immediately wanted more. The next best thing (and only readily available option) were some little glass fish beads found at a store in town.

P.S. just in case your wondering (like several others before you), the bra was not dyed - it was purchased that pretty colour.