Monday, January 31, 2011

arabella




Have you seen this new magazine yet? The spine describes it as being about "Canadian Art, Architecture & Design".

I heard about it early last Fall, and looked for it everywhere, but wasn't successful until I was in Border's in the US last November (yes! It is a Canadian magazine!) When I was down in Toronto this weekend, I found the most recent issue (with the horse) in the "Home & Garden" section, not with the "Art" magazines.....just in case you have an equally hard time locating it at your local bookstore.

To be honest, I haven't really read much of either issue, but I have had a fun time flipping through and looking at the pictures. The cover is a little misleading (I probably wouldn't have given it a second look, had it not already been endorsed by several other people), but you should check it out the next time you're in a bookstore and flip through to see if it appeals to you. It's one of those rare magazines that's actually more expensive to buy by subscription ($64 for 4 issues) than on the news stand ($10 per issue), so you can definitely pick and choose only those issues with lots of things you love at first sight inside.....