Sunday, January 09, 2011

"there are no messages in this folder"


Is there anything sweeter on a Sunday afternoon? Well of course there is! ;-) But I'm enjoying it all the same. You see, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with e-mail. I like to get it, I love to read it....but I don't really care so much for the replying part. I am my own worst enemy, though....I tend to knock off the simple ones right away: read, reply or forward quickly, print if needed....and file and delete. But then there are all of the other ones -- the ones I trick myself into thinking are complicated, that seem require a well-thought out reply, or that I think the answer is going to take more time than I have available. It's this second class of e-mails that seems to linger in my inbox.....and even though I regularly attack my inbox, it's rarely completely empty - nor does it stay that way for long.

So if you're ever waiting for a reply (and this should rarely be more than a day or two, really)...please don't take it personally. It's not you, it's me. ;-)