Monday, January 10, 2011

a new batch of CPs


It was a perfect weekend -- just the right balance between productivity and peaceful relaxation. I had planned on hooking most of the day yesterday.....but didn't end up starting until the middle of the afternoon. With my 'hooking brain' still very firmly in the Matrix mode, it was a little bit of a struggle to work on shapes and multiple directions.....

But when all was said and done, I was happy with the end result. These small projects are - or can be - each their own little experiment.....in colour, texture, fibre, cut, technique. Kind of like the Artist Playing Cards that seem to be popping up. It's not a huge investment in supplies or time, so why not play around?

This new crop will be my assembly demo models for my class this weekend. Some might say I'm leaving it to the last minute, but I prefer to think of it as working to a deadline ;-)