Monday, January 24, 2011

a lot




Yes, I did a lot of sewing this weekend. Not the fun, exciting to share sewing, but the more mundane, pattern preparation kind, where the most creative part is getting to choose the thread. I do have to say that my new machine does make the whole process about as enjoyable as it can be....and the little gadgets make it seem a little more like playing and definitely speeds up the whole process.

Apart from spend much of Friday evening, the whole day Saturday and part of Sunday sewing, I also managed to read a book and create a bit of organization in one of my main hooking storage closets. It's still far from fit for a photo shoot -- and probably never will be! ;-) Finishing the book brings my total this year to 3, and I wondering if maybe I made my goal (of reading a book every 2 weeks in 2011) a little facile. But then I remind myself that it's only January!

When I was rooting around in my closet yesterday, I happened upon this tiny mat....


It was started last, last Fall at Deanne's Workshop (first blogged about here), and nothing more has been done since. I decided I'm going to try and finish it this week, and incorporate a quote I want to remember from that class: "hook more, think less". Hopefully I can polish it off in the next couple of nights, before my road-tripping starts on Wednesday.