Monday, October 22, 2007

back to reality...

I arrived at work this morning to 500+ e-mails waiting in my inbox. Thankfully I am already down to just 10 waiting to be dealt with - the amount of junk and spam is ridiculous.

Our return home was relatively uneventful. We drove down to Pugwash for pewter on our way to the airport on Saturday, just to add more weight to our suitcases. Luckily we didn't have to pay any extra (Mum's big bag was right at the limit at 50.2 lbs...so she was very lucky!) The weather on Saturday was a little miserable, so we did have a rougher ride home - made even longer by the fact our personal TVs weren't working on the plane. It was a good thing afterall because I starting reading my book again. I had bought it a couple of weeks ago, and I was saving it for my holidays. It was a good read (I finished it last night). I still think that The Samurai's Garden is my favourite of her books.

I unpacked all my bags on Saturday night and laid out all of my purchases on the table (except for a couple of pairs of socks and my new t-shirt - they went straight into the laundry)...

I must say that one of the best things about going on a hooking holiday in Canada is that there is absolutely no need for any anxiety about having to go through customs on your way home. seriously - it's a great relief ;-)

I also brought home a few more heart shaped rocks...

I've been collecting heart shaped rocks for a few years now, and while some of these aren't the best, they were the best I could find on the beach in Parrsboro that day.

For those of you who subscribed to the newsletter last week, I checked at home and I do have enough copies of the last issue to send to all of you (and they should go out in the mail tomorrow). If you haven't subscribed yet, I have 2 copies to spare.

I'm slowly getting out of holiday mode. Eating at home is a treat ;-) I haven't made an appearance at the gym yet, and I'm spared from today because I have an appointment to donate blood this afternoon - and the two don't really mix.

I'll be hooking away on my squares rug tonight. Ideas for the challenge are still chasing one another around in my head....thankfully I still have a few more days before I have to start.