Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the best book I've read in ages


I've heard many good things about The Road, and although I had bought my own copy months ago, I never seemed to be in the right frame of mind to start reading it. I brought it with me on my trip and, after finishing a couple of other books first, finally got around to starting it on the plane yesterday morning.

After a busy day or travelling and unpacking....I went to bed a little early, to read a few pages before going to sleep. A couple of hours later - and well past midnight - I read the final page. In spite of the fact that I had to go to work this morning, I still kept reading. I could not put it down, and I've been thinking about it all day today. It is a great book. (It's been turned into a movie recently, but I don't think I'll be checking it out any time soon. I'm afraid it will spoil the impression the book has made...and the book is still so fresh in my mind.)