Monday, March 29, 2010

a window of quiet


Phew. What a busy weekend. I almost feel like I need a weekend from my weekend. Friday night was a house warming party that ended with me coming home at 2am. Saturday morning was cleaning and laundry...and just after lunch I headed for Wendie's. 24 hours later I was on the road again, stopping briefly at home to change. Sunday afternoon I went up to my parents for a belated birthday dinner. Three celebrations in three days makes for a pretty busy weekend - but the yummy birthday cakes (though I have to deal with being a year older, at least I got to enjoy two cakes!)

Needless to say, there was very little hooking time. I did manage to finish basting the cording into place on my mat and get the whipping started....and then I hooked for about an hour last night before bed.

This is the only picture I took during the busy-ness of the weekend. I love the blankness of the ice and how the reflections of the trees resumes in the open water....it's such a pretty spot where Wendie will soon be living....