Tuesday, March 09, 2010

still whipping

It takes a long time to whip along 11o inches. It takes even longer when you take several days off in a row....


I'm off to Ottawa this morning, so I'll be bringing my runner with me and hoping to get more done during my down time. At a pace of about a foot an hour, I have several more hours to go before I'm done. Plus when I'm done I still have about 100" to whip around the other one....so maybe that's the real reason for my procrastination? Hmmmm....

If I were more certain of the finished dimension of my pieces I might consider trying the tape finish...but knowing my luck (and my propensity to change my mind), I would never sew it in the right place to start with....

(BTW - my runner lies on a table my dad made from Cherry harvested from their land, which sits on a rug hooked by my Grandma. The rug is actually my Mum's....but, as they say, "possession is nine-tenths of the law" ;-) If you click on the picture, you can see it a bit better.)