Monday, June 14, 2010

Week Three: 10.8 square feet


Wow! I can't believe how quickly it's growing! I've completed about 10% of the overall rug and just over 25% of the centre section. To give you a better idea of the size, I've placed a 100cm (39.5") ruler in the centre of the area.

Despite how it may appear, I am not spending every waking moment hooking away on the Jumbo rug. Some nights I am very productive and get lots accomplished.....and other nights I might not hook at all or hook very little. Even yesterday–despite my best intentions to get a solid day of hooking in–my conscience won in the end and I spent all day taking care of various odds and ends (e-mail, class notes, orders, blog updates, laundry, grocery shopping, etc.) and didn't sit down to start hooking until 6pm!

It amazes me how it keeps changing with new colours being added. It's definitely starting to look a lot more colourful....and I'm also starting to revisit my earlier border ideas. I think I'm going to have to go back to Photoshop to play around a little bit and try out a couple of my new ideas.