Tuesday, November 23, 2010

mmmmm.....Minty!


When I was in Manistee last fall, Joanne got me hooked on MetroMint chocolate water. I know it sounds strange -- I was skeptical, too.....but it's really quite delicious if it's cold (infact they recommend you enjoy it at -2ยบ). During each trip to the US since, I've looked for it everywhere I go, buy as much as I can get my hands on....and enjoy it while it lasts. The sad part is that it doesn't last long, since it's so delicious. (This is the only bottle remaining from my recent trip.)

The good news is that I've recently discovered a close (and much cheaper!) substitute - minus the cocoa flavour. I punctured a small hole in the foil seal of a bottle of "Pure Mint & Peppermint Extract" and add 4-5 drops to a large glass of cold tap water. Subtle, yet yummy....and a nice change to just plain water. Try it sometime....