Wednesday, November 03, 2010

a river runs alongside


Is it just me, or does it seem like almost everywhere you drive in Vermont (and parts of New Hampshire, too), there is some sort or river or stream that runs alongside the road. Maybe not on the main interstate, but just about everywhere else. It's become a little bit of a joke in the car....but finally today we had a new theory: maybe it's because the rain and other water needs a pathway to run off each of the mountains. Is there any truth to this?


Regardless, we had another lovely drive through the mountains today. I still haven't managed to find the route my sister and I took a few years ago....but now I'm wondering if the problem is that my memory is warped. Maybe I've grown more accustomed to the mountains....and so I haven't felt like we've climbed up into the sky yet?

We hit a few more wonderful quilt shops and yarn stores along the way...and filled up on more eye candy. I will post a full listing soon.

Eventually we made it to Burlington, where we had a lovely supper at our favourite Pauline's. Mmmmm! Tomorrow will be a relaxing day.....until we get to Stowe and the fun begins!