Friday, May 04, 2012

Friday Fabulousness and Favourites

Whoosh!  Another week comes to a close....and there is a fun weekend ahead for me - yippee!  Saturday I will be vending at RUG, and then on Sunday my sisters and I are having a girls' day in the city.  It will be a nice change of gears from all of the sitting and stitching (1/2 done the edging on Jumbo....yay!) and continuing to prep for my booth at the Annual on May 26/27.  This year in particular I am realizing just  how much time and effort goes into my preparing for this event.  Exponentially more hours than the time we'll actually be open for business - I've been getting ready for months!  And in just a few short weeks it will all be over again for another year....and I'll be celebrating with some knitting, some reading, and hopefully a bit of Liberty quilting! :-D  Enough rambling - here is this week's little list....

::  I saw this obi belt earlier in the week and immediately fell in love.  While I'm not yet convinced it will work on my body, I have enough hope that I am going to make one for myself.  Mine will be made out of pieces of wool, though.  More to come, when the time comes.....

::  Navel oranges.  I have been having some really great luck buying oranges over the last couple of months.  They have (for the most part) been so delicious that I'm almost addicted - and definitely convinced that I've eaten more in last 2 months than I have in the last 5 years.  My theory to picking good ones: they should be firm, a nice shade of orange, and feel heavy.  If they are light weights they are not very juicy - and sometimes have that yucky almost dried, hard pulp.  When it comes time to eat, I take off the peel, grab a bowl and separate the segments....then wash my hands before sitting to savour every bite.

::  The new TV show Scandal.  I think that this week's episode was the 5th....so you still have time to catch up online - but you should really start from the beginning.  Last week's episode was outstanding - the best political drama since the West Wing (for me).

:: I read this article: Why I don't like Picasso the other night, right before bed...and I was still thinking about it in the morning.  I love it when that happens...

Happy weekending!