Saturday, November 15, 2008

class with Heather Ritchie - day two

Today was another great day. We continued making flowers...and I continued to be entertained by Heather and her accent. Yesterday I had spied some knitting she had in her bag...and I was hoping that she would talk to us about how she made it. She calls it her proddy knitting and she uses hand-dyed yarn and locks of dyed fleece to create it. This curly fleece looks like angora mohair, but it actually comes for her local Wensleydale sheep. Here it is from the front....


And here it is from the back...

It's very neat...and the same technique can be done with scraps of fabric in place of the fleece. The only downside is that, without the curls, they can more easily be pulled out. It's another item to add to list of things I want to try...

Participants were able to go and see one of the museum's exhibits today, so it took away from my hooking time a little bit. All the same, I did manage to create three flowers that I'm quite happy with...


I wonder what we will learn tomorrow...