Friday, November 07, 2008

the weekend ahead...

Not too much going on this weekend...

I'm slowly getting organized for a stocking workshop I'll be teaching up in North Bay in early December. Since the only thing I use burlap for is for our special family stockings - and I'm still working with the 4 yards I bought some 6-7 years ago when I first took over production from AJ - I needed to find a supply before I teach the class. I ordered some from RHF and was planning to stop in and pick it up on my trip south next week...but luckily Andrea is heading up to her cottage this weekend so I can pick it up there tomorrow, and have a quick visit at the same time ;-)

Oh, and my 5 year old niece is coming for a sleepover Saturday and spending the day with me on Sunday, while her brother celebrates his 8th birthday with his friends. We'll have a fun time hanging out, drawing, snacking and painting our nails...

I also need to be getting ready to travel to Vermont next week - including getting some wool and supplies ready for my class [I still haven't decided what I'm going to do...but I've resolved to just focus on learning the proddy technique, and then I can apply in on my own at home. I have a sneaking suspicion there will be a few flower fridge magnets being given for Christmas gifts this year...] I'm heading down to Cathy's on Monday and we're going to leave bright and early Tuesday morning. If you want to shop vicariously through us...we'll be at Dorr on Wednesday morning for a couple of hours.

I'll be bringing my laptop on our roadtrip...and trying to post regular updates when I can. I won't be able to post from the road with my iPhone (like I did from the train) though - the roaming charges would take too much money away from all of the wool I'm planning to buy :-)

P.S. I've added some more hooking blogs to the list. I know there are still others...please let me know of you favourites. Thanks!