Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a new beginning


I left work yesterday with the best of intentions, planning to go home and finish off at least one of the clutches and hopefully two. I don't know what happened, but before I knew it, it was well after 8 o'clock...and I'd barely started. Luckily I was smart enough to realize that I was too tired to cope with the final few fiddly steps, and could easily foresee it all going terribly wrong. The solution? Just start another one -- and so I did!

It took me a little while to come up with a design idea, draw it out, sew on some trim, and start picking colours. By the time I started hooking, I didn't have much time and didn't want to waste any of it getting up from my chair, so I just worked from the two bins I had beside me. I'm going to search for some dark slub tonight to fill in the crooks and crannies between the circles....then I'll hook the border, saving the insides of the circles for last. Fingers crossed there's a little less ADD tonight and I'm able to get a bit more done...