Saturday, January 30, 2010

good to be home

After spending the last two days in Toronto, I'm home for the weekend, and then off gallivanting again on Monday. I'll be home again late Wednesday night, until Friday when I head to Wendie's for the weekend....and then I'll be gone again on the Monday until the Wednesday. It's nuts. This is always a busy time of year for me in my job, where I do lots of travelling, my nights in my own bed are cherished.....and I feel like I really need to make the most of whatever time I have at home.


I woke up this morning eager to make a dint on my stacks of as-is colours that I want to marbleize - until I realized that I have just a wee bit of citric acid -- not nearly enough. The lack of citric acid also prohibits dyeing more slub (before I forget how... ;-) ) or over-dyeing the 7-8 skeins of yarn I bought to knit myself a sweater (which is really too bad, since this would be a great hotel project).

Instead of pursuing any of those fun options, I'll be catching up on e-mails, tidying up my desk, and hopefully have enough time leftover to get to hooking this afternoon.

In spite of my busy schedule for the next couple of weeks, I will do my best to keep up with the blogging.....but it might not be quite as regular as it has been of late. Luckily this craziness isn't permanent ;-)