Tuesday, April 27, 2010

in a picture....

I was so busy this weekend, even though I was doing lots of fun and colourful things I only took 3 pictures. This was the best one....and I could go on and on about the relevance - cooking with too many pots at once, etc...but I don't want to sound like a whiner ;-)


My hand is much better, and I was happy to finally able to get to the dyepots -- with a little bit of help. On Saturday, my sister Chris and I dyed silk for more silkworms....and on Sunday, Mum and I dyed some spectacular slub. In between all of the dyeing, drying, ironing, and cutting, I also managed to work on my rug again and finish off the hooking on it. Yay! The tape is sewn and the edge is zigzagged, but it's been waiting since Sunday at 11:05pm to be pressed. Hopefully I will get to it tonight and somehow find time to flip back and stitch the edge in place sometime between now and Friday....

Yes, it's going to be a busy few days as I wrap up all of the loose ends and other things I need to do to finish getting ready for the Annual. It seems like each time I cross one item off my list, 3 more things are added....so I expect it will be a little quiet around here for a bit. Back soon!