Monday, May 03, 2010

Baby, I'm back!

Back from the Annual, and back to normal -- almost! There is still some unpacking and reorganizing that needs to happen....but I am no longer going full-steam ahead, so it will be nice to have a bit more of a relaxed pace for a while.

What a great weekend! A huge, heartfelt thank you to all of you who popped by my booth, said hello, bought my wares, and were so supportive of me and my products. It was a really great weekend -- it was such a great, busy weekend that I came home with only one picture of a rug.

I did manage to snap a couple of pictures of my booth (after several helpful reminders from my sister)...and so you can get an idea of what it looked like, and my two helpful worker bees....


Since I'm a relatively new vendor, I never really know what to expect and I'm always experimenting with how I should display my items. Needless to say, we were often shuffling things around from one table to another over the weekend, trying to come up with the best arrangements. I was very grateful for my mum and Sandra's help -- they were essential people in my booth ;-)

Over the next few days I will be trying to get caught up on my blog and share with you all of the things I haven't had time for over the last few crazy weeks....but I'll just share a quick tip with you today: while tacking your foundation fabric in place on the back of your work, or sewing down the rug tpe on the back, I recently discovered that a "glovers/leather needle" (slightly larger than a normal sewing needle, with the 3-sided, harpoon-like point) will easily push through your backing and hooking, just like a hot knife through butter -- without a thimble! It not only makes this chore less painful, it also cuts your time in half (or more!) I think it's an indispensable tool for any rug hooker...so next time you're in Fabricland, pick up a package -- you won't regret it! ;-)