Thursday, May 06, 2010

uppercase


For the last couple of years, I've been telling anyone who will listen about the wonderful textile magazine called Selvedge....and often said that if I could have just one magazine for the rest of my life, it would be Selvedge. But last Fall, I had a crush on a new (Canadian) magazine called Uppercase. Their tag line is "for the creative and the curious", and while it is definitely a little more focused on a designer audience, there is always lots to appeal to other creative (and curious!) types, as well. I love it, and haven't once regretted purchasing a subscription -- it's worth every penny. In fact, these two magazines are just about tied for favourite in my book.

Here are a few snaps from inside the current issue....




And...hey, there's even a little rug hooking article, about something that was new to me: Red Spruce Rugs


You can get a good sense of the eclectic style -- and more and better pictures, too -- by reading the Uppercase Journal.