Monday, February 09, 2009

blog list face-lift and a few other changes

I don't know about you, but I was beginning to find the blog list was getting a little long. So long that I had trouble getting through it all in one sitting...only to lose track of where I'd been. So I've changed with the times and now the 25 most recently updated blogs will appear in the list. (I tried to carefully transfer everyone over to the new list, but if I've missed you and/or if you'd like to be added, all it takes is a comment ;-) )

I'm pretty excited about this new feature, since I will now be able to tell at a glance which of my my friends has a new post...without having to go to their blog to see. Of course, I could always subscribe to Bloglines or another notification service...but then I'd just end up with even more e-mail in my already over-flowing box.

But if you're getting tired of coming here, only to find out that I've not written anything new since your last visit (and you don't mind getting mail), Bloglines is always an option. There's now a simple link over on the left, just before the list of blogs....

One last new thing. I've been having a bit of trouble lately when trying to find what I'm looking for in old posts...and although I'm seriously regretting my decision to not add labels, there is no time like the present to start. I can't promise to go back through all 267 previous posts thoroughly...but I will try to catch most of the highlights in the coming days...