Monday, February 09, 2009

Pom purse progress...

I'm feeling a little bit behind in my posting from the past week or so. Both life and work have been busy and although I've had lots of ideas and things I'd like to have posted about, I've either lacked time or an internet connection - or both. (tonight's sleep will be on my fifth bed in six nights...) I'm hoping to get all caught up in the next few days - on both my blog and my e-mail.

I did get the drawing finished for my new pomegranate purse the other night...and although I didn't actually start hooking on it until after I'd arrived at Saturday's hook-in, all was well. I'm very happy with the way it's turning out so far...



Lots of little pieces of wool (I knew this was time well spent and that the bins would be put to many good uses), some slub yarn and some sari selvedges are all coming together for a party in this purse! I will have to tweak the greens a bit, so that they look a little more yellow and a little less blue - although I like the way it looks, the leather handle I'll be attaching doesn't quite "go" yet. Soon, I hope.