Monday, February 16, 2009

mock up

I'm over at my parents today, visiting in honour of family day...and my mum expressed her disappointment in my lack of new posts - so here is a new one, just for you, Mum ;-) (Ever since they got high-speed a few weeks ago, she's been stalking me....)

I haven't got a whole lot to say, other than that I'm really happy with the way my pom purse is progressing. The design was inspired by a desire to use the leather purse closure that I bought last summer. My initial plan was to use it on a clutch, but the impracticality of such an item finally convinced me that it wouldn't be the best plan. I saw a pair of great handles at Karen's a couple of months ago, and decided a single one might just work...

With the first side of my purse hooked, I still needed to plan for the flap before I could draw the second side onto my backing. I was having a hard time trying to visualize the finished purse, so yesterday I broke out my binder clips and started "sewing" it together. Then I took my photo and played around in Photoshop to approximate the flap. Here's what it looked like....


I've now got the second side drawn, on the backing and almost half hooked. In case you're thinking I'm a speedy hooker - I'm not. Yesterday was pretty much an "all about me" kind of a day....or at least all about my purse! ;-)