Sunday, June 07, 2009

Overheard at the Annual...

I know that many people struggle with the actual sewing together of their purse, and they're hesitant to just knuckle down and finish it. I imagine (actually I know there are, since many of you tell me) that there are more than a couple of hooked purses that are sitting tucked away in baskets or drawers, waiting to be assembled.

Yes, it does seem to be a little overwhelming at first, but I can honestly say that it does get easier with every purse that you sew together. Push your fear aside and take it one step at a time. You just need to progress slowly through all of the steps - and if it makes it any easier, know that I am not "a sewer", and I've done it many times. You can do it, too.

If you are one of those people who is just a few hours away from toting their bag all around town, I'd like to encourage you to "just do it!" In the wise words of a fellow rug hooker and purse maker I spoke with at the Annual, "The many compliments I received made it all worthwhile..."

Go and get your compliments - you deserve them! [and please send me a picture of your purse when you're done - I love seeing them! ;-)]