Thursday, June 25, 2009

you've got mail

I love getting mail. Not bills - that's not mail. I like getting the fun stuff: magazines, cards, letters, little notes enclosed with cheques...and most of all, parcels!

Do you ever notice that once you see something that you like (or really notice something for the first time), you often see something similar again very soon? Earlier this week, I read this post and I was reminded of how nice it is to use multiple stamps on one envelope. (it also reminded me of my stamp collection from back when I was a nerdy kid....and of all of the times I go to the postage and ask specifically for "fun stamps"....and of all of the stamps I must have squirreled away somewhere from all of the times the mail rates went up...) Fast forward to today, when this envelope arrived in the mail.....


What a coincidence - and a treat! ;-)

I also received a couple of parcels today. One was rug warp from Dorr - including a 10 yard bolt for my mum (to replace that which I borrowed this Spring in preparation for the Annual). The rug warp itself isn't really too exciting - apart from the enormous potential that exists in the remaining 30 yards. I'm sure that at least a few of the projects it yields will make me very happy. I love the little note that Nancy included...adding a personal touch.


The second parcel was the most exciting one. I've been waiting for it to arrive for a couple of weeks, and now that it's finally here, I'm really wishing that I'd not only started but finished my new purse. All I want to do is to dive in and start playing around with the contents of this box - but I know that once I do, it will be quite some time before I get back to hooking on purses (and I really need to get these purses done so that upcoming workshop participants have more to choose from....). I'm not ready to share a lot of details quite yet, but I will give you a little hint....


All this talk of parcels has reminded me of another parcel I received not too long ago. I reconnected with Jane at the Annual, and she shared with me a helpful tip to speed up the process of sewing the leather handles onto purses. 18 gauge syringe needles. Pop the syringe needle through the punched hole in the leather tab, then push regular needle through the syringe needle. No more searching and struggling to find the punched holes! I think this is a brilliant tip, and I can't wait to try it (must really get hooking on the new purse...) Thanks again Jane!


I wonder what surprises the mail will deliver tomorrow?