Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farewell 2008

I can't believe that it's already the end of the year. Yes, it was a busy one...and it's true that time flies when you're having fun, but I still can't believe it. Maybe it's true that the older you get, the faster time passes?

Christmas was lots of fun. It was great to spend lots of time with the kids and we were able to get in some sliding before the rains came. Our FBD (family bowling day) was one of the best yet.

Living without power at my folks for the last four days was a bit much, and i'm glad to be getting settled back in at home today (it still wasn't back on when I made my hasty departure this morning). Pioneer life is not for me....

I'm still working on my snowmen and hopefully will be back soon with all of the details. Mum and I went out to visit Karen and take advantage of her boxing day sale...and I've been knitting ever since. Soon the novelty will wear off I'm sure, and I'll get back to hooking.

For now, I'm going to be busy getting unpacked and then it will be time to start putting away my decorations. This little cutie was carved and painted by the multi-talented Cathy Henning.