Monday, March 16, 2009

my new crush

It came out of the blue...and just when I least expected it.


Last week some friends were going to see Bryan Adams perform in Barrie, and when one of the group had a dental emergency, I was invited to join them at the last minute. I was a little worried that I might not know enough of the songs - I only have one of his albums and it's a "best of" from 15 years ago that I bought for a penny at Columbia House (plus shipping, of course!) - but I love seeing live music and going to concerts, and so I jumped at the chance to escape from the craziness of my week....

The show was AWESOME - and I knew all of the songs, save two. Even though he's pushing 50, Bryan really rocked. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what, but he was hot. I can hardly wait to see him again, and in the meantime, I want to rush out and buy this (see sneak peaks on youtube here, here, and here). The live versions are so much better some how.

He's doing a bunch of acoustic shows in the US next month and in Quebec this summer....and I'm really hoping that he adds some shows closer to where I live. The rock show was great, but I think an acoustic show would be even better. If he comes to a city near you, you should run all the way to the box office and buy your ticket....just don't gloat ;-)