Friday, March 27, 2009

planning the work...

I've got three events happening in the next two months....and when I'm not busy freaking out about how I'm going to get everything done, I'm actually able to convince myself that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. Of course, such serene moments occur infrequently and are almost always short-lived.

While I've been travelling the last few days, I haven't been able to do a lot of the jobs that need doing...but I did accomplish something (besides stressing myself out) -- I made up a master job list. There are all sorts of ways to organize a "to do" list....and I've tried almost all of them at some time or another. When I was making up my newest list, I quickly jotted down a couple of headers: "things to make" and "things to do", without much thought. It was only later that I realized the main difference between the two categories are that the first list is filled with jobs that take a long time to do - making things take time - while the second list contains a lot of quick things (phone calls, printing, etc.) that just need to be done.

I should be home in time for supper on Saturday night....and my plan for the rest of the weekend will be crossing off as many things from my list as I can. I'll let you know how I make out...