Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday Fabulousness and Favourites

Every week when I sit down to write this post, I think that I should start jotting down a list of things for next week's list right after I finish posting. So far I haven't managed to progress beyond that thinking stage...but maybe this coming week will be the week! :-) In the meantime, it's a pretty short list this week.....

:: I've knit a lot of shawls over the years, and I've decided that now I know that it is possible to knit my own sweaters that I lurve – and because a girl only needs so many shawls – that I wouldn't knit any more. But now Veera has designed this....and I'm having a very hard time resisting the pull....

:: A couple of years ago I kept reading about washi tape on blogs. Then when I was in NYC almost two years ago, I actually saw some in a store! I quickly snapped it up, treasured it and used it sparingly. But the more I used it, the more I loved it.....and the more I knew that I had to find a place to buy it in Canada. After a bit of hunting, I found Omiyage and placed an order with them last summer. Now I happily have a good supply, and feel free to add it to any project where the tape is visible. The colours are great and I especially love how it just the right amount of sticky. It makes great removable labels (it lifts off without leaving any residue behind), too. It helps to keep bags closed and easily resealable. And did I mention all of the pretty patterns and colours? <3

:: Sherlock. A modern day interpretation of the classic aired its first season last year (I got caught up on Netflix, following a recommendation by my cousin Laura). There are only 3 episodes per season, and they are almost movie length long (1.5-2 hours each). I was thinking that I would have to wait until May for season 2 on PBS, but last night I happened upon one by accident airing on BBC Canada. I didn't wait to start half-way into the episode, so I checked the schedule online...and it's back again on Sunday at 2pm and 10pm. I think I will have to take a little hooking break to really watch it.